Location: Valhalla, New York
The Research Scientist will perform research and lead research efforts in the Experimental Cell Therapy Facility (ECTF) and Cellular and Tissue Engineering Laboratory (CTEL) at the direction of the Medical and Scientific Director of ECTF and CTEL, Mitchell S. Cairo, MD. The research will be focused in gene transfer technology, genomics, immunomics, stem cell biology, immunology, regenerative and cellular and stem cell therapy, experimental hematopoiesis. Specifically, Research Scientist will design research projects from conception to completion including production of abstracts and manuscripts and collaboration on grant submissions. The Research Scientist will participate in preclinical and clinical validations of stem, cellular and tissue therapy.Report: The Research Scientist will report to the Medical and Scientific Director of the WMC ECTF and CTEL, Mitchell S. Cairo, MD.
- Conduct research activities in ECTF and CTEL.
- Develop and translate Gene Transfer Technology in ECTF and CTEL
- Direct, utilize, and become competent in large equipment in ECTF and CTEL including, mass cytometer, Nanostring Immunoprofiler, flow cytometer and sorter, Maxcyte nucleofector among others.
- Conduct research efforts in ECTF and CTEL in areas of genomics, immunomics, stem cell biology, immunology, hematopoiesis, regenerative stem and cellular therapy.
- Participate in preclinical and clinical validations.
- Publish abstracts and manuscripts.
- Collaborate on grant submissions.
- Provide direct supervision and mentorship to ECTF and CTEL staff in research activities.
Minimum of 5 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Gene Transfer Technology
- Cellular Therapy
Peer review abstracts and manuscripts: Publish as primary and/or secondary author. Supervisory experience of research team members and working in a collaborative environment.
PhD from U.S. university in either Immunology, Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or similar.
Licenses / Certifications:
NYS Medical Technologist preferred, not required.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC