Associate Research Scientist - Orthopedic Research Society and Chronical of Higher Education
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Academic / Research
Internal Number: 6241
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 Hours per week
Summary: The Associate Research Scientist completes major scientific tasks for research/evaluation projects including study design, project development, data analysis, scientific oversight and manuscript preparation in accordance with nationally accepted ethical and regulatory guidelines. This position demonstrates growing independence and national stature within the research community while establishing a successful externally funded research program.
2. Supervise/manage research staff, lab staff, students, postdoctoral associates, or other research personnel.
3. Participate in Institute scientific reviews.
4. Publish high quality research articles.
5. Seek and procure grant funding for research commensurate with rank of Associate Research Scientist.
6. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: PhD or equivalent experience.
2. Certification: None required.
3. Years of experience: Minimum four (4) years' experience in the Assistance Scientist level role (or equivalent). Substantial achievement may be substituted for years of experience, on a case by case basis.
4. Candidate must have prior success at securing sponsored research, contracts and external grants.
5. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: