PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Banner Customer Research team plays an important role in Banner's consumer-focused initiatives through the collection of customer and market data in order to advise and support leadership on key strategic initiatives across the system. For example, the team has played a crucial role in providing leaders with a better understanding of customers' perceptions and attitudes toward healthcare throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to be at the forefront of ever-changing customer perceptions as we enter a new phase of healthcare.
The Senior Customer Research Consultan t role will lead the collection, analysis, reporting, and presentation of consumer insights to leadership for one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country. Key areas of focus include (but not limited to) concept/product testing; message/advertising testing; consumer sentiment measurement; customer segmentation and journey mapping; and customer experience measurement. Along the way, the Senior Customer Research Consultant is integral in communication with various stakeholders across the organization, including hospital/clinic/division leaders and Banner senior leadership.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position will work closely with business leaders and IT teams to design, implement, and enhance complex customer research programs and strategies that support Banner Health's goal of improving the customer/patient experience. Responsibilities include advising on and conducting research program design, implementation and data analysis; review of current processes and programs to identify and establish improvements; and configuration and optimization of deliverables (e.g., reports, presentation, etc.). Customer Research Sr Consultants will work with organization leaders to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators that support improvement initiatives. Successful incumbents will be detail oriented, analytical, and thrive in a multi-tasking environment where they are expected to adjust their priorities on the fly. Customer Research Sr. Consultants will have a customer-first mindset, learn about how to position compelling data-driven insights to leaders, and manage programs to deliver on stakeholder needs.
1. Works closely with health system leaders, business partners, and internal team members to design, implement, document, and continuously monitor customer research programs and improvement strategies. Incumbents must have expert knowledge of research design and implementation practices and principles. Customer Research Sr. Consultants will be assigned to multiple projects associated with large, complex facilities, and/or groups depending on need, interest, and expertise. Incumbents will provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of research methods, questionnaire design, statistical analysis, and best practices.
2. Creates and maintains analytical models to help the organization measure and monitor customer experience performance. Must be able to develop structure around desired performance levels, including targets, ranges, and the use of scientific methods to determine when there is meaningful change. Advanced skills using statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, R, minitab, Stata, SAS) is required. Leads and reviews work of supporting associates or specialists.
3. Establishes a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned business stakeholder and serves as an expert resource uncovering and delivering strategic insights. Duties may involve working with stakeholders to resolve research or technical/system inquiries and providing support when analyzing large sets of data. Meets regularly with facility/business entity senior management teams and HR to support communication and promote partnership. Successful incumbents will have an excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and be a polished presenter.
4. Develops and delivers management reporting, communications, presentations and training to increase understanding and awareness of research programs and their linkages to other system-wide policies, programs and initiatives. Influences toward desired outcome, presents complex ideas. Ensures program/deliverable reliability by overseeing and performing quality assurance and audit activities. Makes recommendations on large scale audits or changes to data.
5. This position is responsible for interfacing with system-wide business stakeholders as well as providing team members with analytical guidance as needed. Incumbents are to foresee and resolve customer issues and provide solutions that meet the needs of the organization. Incumbents are to manage resources to resolve conflicting objectives and priorities and to stay within budget guidelines.
Must possess a strong knowledge of research design and performance analysis as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Business Management, Mathematics, or other related field of study.
Requires experience typically obtained by five plus years working with quantitative or qualitative research programs.
Advanced skills using statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, R, minitab, Stata, SAS) are required.
Ability to collaborate with teams across the organization while also being able to work independently and as a self-starter.
Must have significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership as well as have strong project management skills.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of research process and healthcare, including questionnaire design and analytical techniques.
Requires communication and presentation skills to engage a diverse audience. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
A master's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
Expert in research design and implementation practices and principles.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.