PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
BAI-Tucson is part of the Banner Alzheimer's Institute - Phoenix site's center for excellence. We provide a comprehensive clinical care model that focuses on disease treatment as well as addressing the social and psychological implications that a dementia diagnosis may have.
We also offer research opportunities for those patients who are interested. Our research site provides numerous opportunities (interventional and longitudinal) to those who want to contribute to disease and drug knowledge. We offer room for growth and an opportunity to make a difference not just in the research field but in participant and patient lives every day.
As a Clinical Research Coordinator you will be overseeing the process from beginning to end along with training on study protocols, designing source documents, mentoring research assistant. Previous pharmaceutical or academic research background and working knowledge of study startup processes is strongly preferred.
Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing assigned protocols. This position includes collecting and recording medical data and history, assisting in patient assessments, and maintaining study files.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides study information and obtains relevant information to and from patients engaged in clinical studies, which includes: assisting in the recruitment and screening of volunteers; registering patients; providing information on clinical trials and protocols to interested participants in a timely and helpful manner; obtaining relevant medical history on candidates by phone and in person; collecting previous relevant medical records data on patient; explaining procedures and consent forms; compiling all information prior to the initial visit; responding to inquiries from study participants or collateral informants in a timely and helpful manner; updating databases with patient information; and/or, performing other related activities.
2. Performs tasks required by protocol, which may include obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, and cognitive assessment on patients. Collects vital signs. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required.
3. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
4. Provides educational information to patients and their families. Serves as a resource and support person for patients and families by being a consistent person they can contact within the clinical research program. Provides information to the patient and family related to the healthcare of the patient such as health maintenance, prevention, and anticipatory guidance relevant to study-related diseases.
5. Ensures uniform implementation of protocols by completing required documentation in a consistent, accurate and timely manner. Assists in preparing appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms, informed consents, correspondence with sponsor, etc., in an accurate and timely manner. May participate in the annual IRB approval and update process.
6. Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
7. Ensures that primary referring physicians receive timely progress notes on the patient's diagnosis and treatment.
8. May assume primary responsibility in the implementation and management of new clinical trials in a knowledgeable and collaborative manner.
9. Department level responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical research methodologies as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare field.
Incumbents must be working towards obtaining Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Familiarity with medical and clinical terminology. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Ability to maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing practice as well as Institute policies and procedures related to medical and nursing practice. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Possession of Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26128
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.