PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
This is a full time, salary exempt, day shift position: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position facilitates and monitors the clinical research process and is a key driver of efficiency by leading process improvement in clinical research start up. This position develops and implements plans and standard operating procedures under the guidance of study leadership. Continuously reviews study start up related issues and serves as the initial point of contact to remediate problems and issues as they arise and develop strategies to overcome barriers to trial initiation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Monitors study startup for all trials and reduces study start up time through efficient and effective project management. Troubleshoots during the study start phase by identifying process defects and waste and provides a framework for organizational efficiencies.
2. Develops clear, precise and detailed metrics reporting on study start up timelines, identifying systematic areas of delay. Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting on study start up timelines with a focus on contracting, budgeting metrics and device purchasing timelines.
3. Interfaces with various departments and facilities to ensure that approvals for clinical research initiation are obtained with a focus on device trial initiation.
4. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert to others for all aspects of initiating complex and multi-site clinical studies to include rapidly emerging device trials. Provides education, training and orientation for new research faculty on research approval process requirements.
5. Ensures efficient management of resources resulting in timely execution of trials and utilizing existing institutional infrastructure where appropriate. Provides oversight and guidance, as needed, to research staff, faculty and leadership to ensure proper progress and initiation of studies.
6. Coordinates and communicates study specific issues in site initiation to investigators, sponsors, study coordinators, clinical team, manager and other institutions in a timely fashion with proposed options for real time resolution.
7. Builds rapport with clinical research faculty staff and leadership across institutions to facilitate programmatic initiatives and monitor ongoing improvement efficiencies.
8. Adheres to all relevant regulations including but not limited to Banner's compliance offices, Human Subject Protection Program, HIPAA and Conflict of Interest offices to ensure operational, regulatory, and financial success of the combined research programs and shared goals.
9. This position is responsible for the sponsor's daily operations from start-up to close-out of clinical trials. This position will support the Global Projects Prog Dir and other study leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Life/Health Sciences or related field and seven years' of related administrative experience to include three years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of clinical research development and modern research methods including data collection, analysis and skills in monitoring study start up process. Experience with leading and coordinating process improvement mechanisms. Experience with analyzing and evaluating data and providing summarized reports and visual process analytics.
Certification in Lean Six Sigma or alternative process improvement methods.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R15928
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.