PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office is the oncology service line for Banner Research. The department operates in Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center and McKee Medical Center. The department conducts Phases I-III treatment clinical trials covering all disease groups with the goal to provide support to the physician investigators and to provide trial treatment options to the patients in a safe and ethical manner, while ensuring compliance to the FDA and institutional regulations. This is M-F no weekends, no holidays!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
McKee Medical Center is a 132-bed, acute-care hospital in Loveland, Colo., a vibrant arts community located 40 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, obstetrical, pediatric, orthopedic, surgical, heart, cancer, and critical care. The McKee Cancer Center and McKee Breast Center are among Northern Colorado's leading cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities. McKee is also a Level III trauma center. We are the only hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to be designated an Epicenter for robotic-assisted gynecological surgery by Intuitive Surgical, the manufacturer of the daVinci surgical robot. Our physicians, nurses and other health care professionals can train on state-of-the-art computerized patient simulation mannequins in our simulation center. McKee is accredited by The Joint Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing assigned protocols. This position includes collecting and recording medical data and history, assisting in patient assessments, and maintaining study files.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides study information and obtains relevant information to and from patients engaged in clinical studies, which includes: assisting in the recruitment and screening of volunteers; registering patients; providing information on clinical trials and protocols to interested participants in a timely and helpful manner; obtaining relevant medical history on candidates by phone and in person; collecting previous relevant medical records data on patient; explaining procedures and consent forms; compiling all information prior to the initial visit; responding to inquiries from study participants or collateral informants in a timely and helpful manner; updating databases with patient information; and/or, performing other related activities.
2. Performs tasks required by protocol, which may include obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, and cognitive assessment on patients. Collects vital signs. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required.
3. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
4. Provides educational information to patients and their families. Serves as a resource and support person for patients and families by being a consistent person they can contact within the clinical research program. Provides information to the patient and family related to the healthcare of the patient such as health maintenance, prevention, and anticipatory guidance relevant to study-related diseases.
5. Ensures uniform implementation of protocols by completing required documentation in a consistent, accurate and timely manner. Assists in preparing appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms, informed consents, correspondence with sponsor, etc., in an accurate and timely manner. May participate in the annual IRB approval and update process.
6. Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
7. Ensures that primary referring physicians receive timely progress notes on the patient's diagnosis and treatment.
8. May assume primary responsibility in the implementation and management of new clinical trials in a knowledgeable and collaborative manner.
9. Department level responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical research methodologies as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare field.
Incumbents must be working towards obtaining Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Familiarity with medical and clinical terminology. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Ability to maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing practice as well as Institute policies and procedures related to medical and nursing practice. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Possession of Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R4097
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.