PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center's Office of Research is seeking a highly motivated, goal-driven professional with proven leadership skills to join our team as the Deputy Director to the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities of this position are:
1. Provides leadership and coordination in the development of HSC Office of Research processes and control procedures to ensure that the conduct and review of research is in compliance with federal regulations.
2. Evaluates statistics and metrics to identify trends, existing and/or developing problems related to compliance; makes recommendations on corrective actions plans or programs designed to address identified problems.
3. Assists in developing and preparing and maintaining monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports. Assists in facilitating the processing and resolution of formal and informal accusations of research misconduct. Files appropriate reports with regulatory agencies.
4. Provides training, advice and guidance to HSC Compliance Units on the interpretation and application of institutional and HSC Office of Research policies, practices, and procedures related to local, state and federal regulations. Disseminates written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
5. Assists in conducting periodic internal reviews or audits of HSC Compliance Units to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; analyzes, and submits required statistical reports regarding compliance activities.
6. Identifies educational needs of researchers, based on audit data and other information; oversees the development and delivery of targeted training programs and materials based on audit results, as well as on changes to legislative, statutory, and/or University requirements.
7. Designs, develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies technical and administrative review processes and internal research auditing policies, protocols, systems, and procedures, in accordance with government and University mandates.
8. Works with appropriate internal resources to analyze data and prepare and present audit reports and summaries, and provide feedback to the Institutional Official/Designee, researchers; Assists in supervising compliance personnel within the HSC Office of Research, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions to the Executive Director; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
10 years of demonstrated senior-level leadership experience in research compliance
Knowledge of UNM HSC research operations including research compliance, Clinical and Translational Science Center, research education and training and shared facilities
Advanced knowledge of Federal, State and University regulations related to research.
Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities in performing multiple complex tasks.
Skill in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
Experience managing multiple programs and projects