PRIM&R accepts advertisements from all institutions seeking to hire for positions in animal and human research ethics and related fields, such as research administration and ethics education; listing does not imply endorsement of the lister or of the qualifications stated for a position.
· In your pivotal role as Program Manager, you will b uild and manage a sustainable system for cross-platform content management for multiple academic endeavors including subcontracts with others. You will also develop and introduce a manual of policies and procedures for content standards, community standards, contests and awards, oversight, monetization, and enforcement of policies. Your tasks will include:
* Recruiting and overseeing freelance writers and artists for social media campaigns.
* Recruiting faculty, postdoctoral, and student writers for blog entries.
* Recruiting, supervising, and training student volunteers, interns, and
part-time employees for graphic design and communications roles.
* Discovering and disseminating resources for target audience of early
* Assisting with evaluation of external editors and writers whom we recommend to faculty and trainees from our registry.
* Assisting the director with course development and production of materials for an academic writing curriculum, including grant writing.
* Assisting liaison to other academic training and career development programs to grow joint offerings related to academic writing skills.
* Assisting with programmatic efforts to locally produce videos, animated info graphics, and other educational materials.
* Participating and assisting in a range of activities that support the work of The Edge for Scholars at Vanderbilt and its national outreach and education marketing and events.
* Jointly coordinating work of the program assistant and student staff.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience are required.
Required Skills :
*Formal training in marketing/communications desirable
*Proven expertise in writing and social media campaign development
*Excellent oral communication skills
*Excellent organizational skills
*Excellent interpersonal skills
*Excellent critical thinking skills
Department Summary :
The mission of the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) , which is of strategic importance to our institution and its research operation, is to remove impediments to translational science so that innovations reach the people who need them more quickly. We are a workforce united not only by common purpose but also by common values.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Navigator II assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN II researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments :
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.